Effective July 2023
Limitation on Scope of Content
The Site contains information regarding Central Piedmont and its education, financial, and training services. Any pricing information referred to on the Site is in U.S. dollars.
No Representation or Warranty
The Site, including all information and materials contained herein, are provided to User "as is" without warranty of any kind, and Central Piedmont expressly disclaims any such warranties.
Types of Personally Identifiable Information
Types of Personal Information Central Piedmont may collect include:
- Identifiers, such as name, mailing address, email address, age, phone number, unique personal identifiers, IP addresses, collected directly from User and used to fulfill User’s request, when User communicates with Central Piedmont, and other activities where User submits Personal Information to the College
- Internet or other electronic network activity information which includes browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, web beacons, pixel tags, application or advertisement
- Geolocation data
How We Collect Your Personal Information
- The College may request Personal Information directly from User to provide User services or correspondence (e.g., mailed class schedules and brochures)
- User may submit Personal Information directly to Central Piedmont when User creates an account and engages in other activities on the Site
- Central Piedmont may obtain Personal Information through third parties including business partners, service providers, etc.
How Central Piedmont Uses, Shares, or Discloses User's Personal Information
The information User provides is used by Central Piedmont to provide the services or improve the services Central Piedmont provides to the User. It is never provided to any other company for that company's independent use. Specifically, the College uses User’s Personal Information:
- To provide User services or correspondence (e.g., mailed class schedules and brochures)
- To register or maintain a user account
- To improve the Site
- To process transactions, purchases, or payments
- To send User information about Central Piedmont’s services and offerings with User’s permission
- To ask for ratings, surveys, and reviews of services
- To detect and prevent fraud against User and/or Central Piedmont
- To show User relevant ads
- To assist with Central Piedmont employee recruiting and application process
- To provide customer service and support
- To display custom content to User based on User’s location
Third Party Links
User may unsubscribe from any of Central Piedmont’s marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found in every commercial email sent by the College. If User opts-out of receiving marketing email communications, Central Piedmont may still send User email messages related to User’s account with Central Piedmont, including specific transactions, identity verification, or Services. Unsubscribing from Central Piedmont’s marketing communications will not affect Central Piedmont’s service to User.
This Site is Not Intended for Children
The Site is not intended for children nor targeted to children under the age of 13. Central Piedmont does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If Central Piedmont learns that it possesses information from a child under the age of 13, Central Piedmont will delete such information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws. If User is a parent or guardian and believes that their child under the age of 13 has provided Central Piedmont with personal information without User’s consent, please contact the College.
Central Piedmont has implemented appropriate and reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to, use of, and disclosure of, User’s Personal Information. Central Piedmont makes every effort to ensure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive User information using industry accepted data collection and encryption methodologies such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and PGP (Pretty Good Privacy). However, there is no perfect security. Central Piedmont cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information collected by the Site. Central Piedmont will not accept any liability for any unauthorized disclosure of User’s Personal Information. User is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any credentials used to access User’s account with Central Piedmont. User should report actual or suspected unauthorized activity to Central Piedmont immediately, and in no event later than 24 hours after discovery.
Central Piedmont specifically reserves the right to terminate User’s access to the Site and any contract User has with us in the event Central Piedmont learns or suspects User has disclosed their account or password information to an unauthorized third party.