For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
NC Governor Roy Cooper announced Sept. 1 he is moving the state into Phase 2.5. Playgrounds will open, and businesses like gyms and museums across the state can reopen at reduced capacity as of Sept. 4. The Governor emphasized that safety measures such as face-coverings, social distancing, and frequent hand washing should still be followed.
Central Piedmont continues to offer fall semester classes in multiple formats with the majority of classes being taught online.
Registration for fall short session classes — as well as Corporate and Continuing Education courses — is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Central Piedmont Dental Hygiene Clinic is open to the public. The clinic functions primarily as a training facility for students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene program.
Students in the dental clinic are supervised by faculty. Appointments are scheduled based on student requirements and typically last up to 3 hours. Multiple appointments may be required. The following services are provided, for a fee of $35:
- dental x-rays
- oral prophylaxis (plaque and tartar removal)
- non-surgical periodontal therapy
- coronal polishing
- fluoride treatment
Dental Clinic Location
Central Campus, Belk/Health Careers Building
Steps to Become a Patient
- Screening: The patient completes a comprehensive medical/dental history which is reviewed by the clinic dentist. An oral assessment is completed to determine the difficulty level of the treatment. Screening is completed on a walk-in basis at 8:30 or 12:30 on specific days of the week. There is no fee for this screening.
- Patient Assignment: The patient will be assigned to a student based on the student’s educational needs. This may not occur immediately due to semester requirements.
- Scheduled Appointment: Once the patient is assigned to a student, an appointment time will be determined and the services will begin. A fee of $35 will be collected at the first treatment appointment.
- Central Piedmont dental hygiene notice of privacy practices (PDF)
- Central Piedmont dental hygiene clinic patient procedures (PDF)