For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Central Piedmont Dental Hygiene Clinic is open to the public. The clinic functions primarily as a training facility for students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene program.
Students in the dental clinic are supervised by faculty. Appointments are scheduled based on student requirements and typically last up to 3 hours. Multiple appointments may be required. The following services are provided, for a fee of $35:
- dental x-rays
- oral prophylaxis (plaque and tartar removal)
- non-surgical periodontal therapy
- coronal polishing
- fluoride treatment
Dental Clinic Location
Central Campus, Belk/Health Careers Building
Steps to Become a Patient
- Screening: The patient completes a comprehensive medical/dental history which is reviewed by the clinic dentist. An oral assessment is completed to determine the difficulty level of the treatment. Screening is completed on a walk-in basis at 8:30 or 12:30 on specific days of the week. There is no fee for this screening.
- Patient Assignment: The patient will be assigned to a student based on the student’s educational needs. This may not occur immediately due to semester requirements.
- Scheduled Appointment: Once the patient is assigned to a student, an appointment time will be determined and the services will begin. A fee of $35 will be collected at the first treatment appointment.
- Central Piedmont dental hygiene notice of privacy practices (PDF)
- Central Piedmont dental hygiene clinic patient procedures (PDF)