For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Central Piedmont Dental Hygiene Clinic is open to the public. The clinic functions primarily as a training facility for students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene program.
Students in the dental clinic are supervised by faculty. Appointments are scheduled based on student requirements and typically last up to 3 hours. Multiple appointments may be required. The following services are provided, for a fee of $35:
- dental x-rays
- oral prophylaxis (plaque and tartar removal)
- non-surgical periodontal therapy
- coronal polishing
- fluoride treatment
Dental Clinic Location
Central Campus, Belk/Health Careers Building
Steps to Become a Patient
- Screening: The patient completes a comprehensive medical/dental history which is reviewed by the clinic dentist. An oral assessment is completed to determine the difficulty level of the treatment. Screening is completed on a walk-in basis at 8:30 or 12:30 on specific days of the week. There is no fee for this screening.
- Patient Assignment: The patient will be assigned to a student based on the student’s educational needs. This may not occur immediately due to semester requirements.
- Scheduled Appointment: Once the patient is assigned to a student, an appointment time will be determined and the services will begin. A fee of $35 will be collected at the first treatment appointment.
- Central Piedmont dental hygiene notice of privacy practices (PDF)
- Central Piedmont dental hygiene clinic patient procedures (PDF)