Your Central Piedmont ID card is your library card. Although your Central Piedmont ID card is preferred when checking out materials, you may also use any government issued picture ID. You may also tell your Central Piedmont ID number to staff for check-out.
15 items total may be checked out a time.
Loan Periods for Students:
Item Type Loan Period Renewals Books 21 Days 2 DVD (3 at a time) 7 Days 2 CD/CDRoms 21 Days 2 Audiobooks 21 Days 2 Reserve Materials Loan Period Varies 1 Student Calculators 4 Hours As available Student Laptops 4 Hours As available Faculty DVD In-Library Use 0 Interlibrary Loan 28 Days 0 Crossroads Cafe* 7 Days 1 Disability Equipment Semester 0
Loan Periods for Faculty and Staff
Item Type Loan Period Renewals Books End of Semester 0 Leisure Books 21 Days 2 CD/CD-Roms 21 Days 2 DVD 7 Days 2 Extended Equipment Semester 0 Faculty Equipment Up to 14 days 2 Interlibrary Loan 28 Days 0
*Only one Crossroads Cafe kit may be checked out at a time.
You can renew items before they are overdue as long as they have not been requested by someone else. You can renew items at your local campus library or online by following these instructions:
- Click on My Account.
- In the first field, enter your full name. In the second field, enter your Central Piedmont Login username. Once signed in, you should see a list of all items checked out.
- You can click the checkbox next to the item(s) that you want to renew and press Renew Marked or you can click Renew All to renew all items.
If you need an item from a different Central Piedmont Library location than the one you normally use, you may request that it be delivered through campus to campus delivery. Items can be requested by following the instructions below. It usually takes two to four business days for item(s) to arrive at the requested campus.
- Find the item you want in the Library Catalog and click on the title.
- Click on Request. This will take you to another screen.
- Next select the Pickup Location from the dropdown menu and click Submit. You may also enter a date that the request will be cancelled by if it isn't fulfilled immediately. However, this is optional.
- You will receive an email to your Central Piedmont student email account when the item is available for pick-up. It usually takes two to four business days for item(s) to arrive at the requested campus.
How do I pay my library fines?
You may pay your fines at any Central Piedmont Library location using cash. If you wish to pay using a credit or debit card, you will have to pay online. See directions below.
I have fines and I am blocked from registering for classes or getting a transcript. How do I fix this?
After paying fines in-person or online, your account will be unblocked within one business day.
Paying Library Fines Online
- Fines of $5.00 or more may be paid online.
- Fines less than this amount must be paid with cash at any Central Piedmont Library location.
It is strongly recommended that you do not use a mobile device to pay fines online. A laptop or desktop is preferred.
- Go to My Account and login. On the login screen, enter your full name in the first field. In the second field, enter your Central Piedmont Login username.
- Click on Pay Online. This will open a separate window.
- All fines are selected by default. If you wish to pay all of your fines at once, simply click on the Continue button.
- If you just want to pay a certain fine, click Clear All. Click the fine(s) that you want to pay. Then click Continue.
- You will now be taken to a PayPal site where you can pay your fines. You do NOT need a PayPal account to proceed.
- Fill in the appropriate information in the required fields using a credit or debit card. Click Pay Now and your fines will be paid.