In light of COVID-19 health directive clarifications now provided by the Mecklenburg County Public Health Department -- and adhering to our stringent pandemic safety protocols -- Central Piedmont will move some career and technical education classes back to on-campus, in-person delivery as of January 14. Check your student email for details.
Class sections that began the semester as online or hybrid will continue online until Feb. 2, at which time the college will provide further guidance. Students with questions about the mode of their classes – online or on-campus – should contact their instructors directly and check Blackboard.
Human Resources is committed to supporting the college's mission, vision, and strategic goals. We will accomplish our mission by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services that balance the efficient use of college resources, while effectively addressing the collective needs of faculty, staff and administrators.
We will continue to engage in value-added initiatives by:
- Developing and maintaining a system for employment and selection that is responsive to the needs of departments and is free of discriminatory biases.
- Implementing a compensation plan that addresses external competitiveness, internal equity, and meritorious performance.
- Developing and implementing a classification system that utilizes point-factor job evaluations. Every full-time position will have a complete job description.
- Providing a comprehensive, affordable insurance and benefits program.
- Continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of employees.
- Implementing a performance development plan that recognizes the contributions of each employee and encourages personal and professional growth.
- Continuously reviewing policies and procedures in an effort to improve College services.
- Exploring new ways to incorporate technology in the efficient delivery of human resources services.