Do you love cars? Are you interested in working on cars?
The Automotive systems Technology curriculum prepares individuals for employment as Automotive Service Technicians. If provides an introduction to automotive careers and increases student awareness of the challenges associated with this fast and ever-changing field.
Classroom and lab experiences integrate technical and academic course work. Emphasis is placed on theory, servicing and operation of brakes, electrical/electronic systems, engine performance, steering/suspension, automatic transmission/transaxles, engine repair, climate control and manual drive trains.
Upon completion of this curriculum, students should be prepared to take the ASE exam and be ready for full-time employment in dealerships and repair shops in the automotive service industry.
Automotive classes are offered at two campuses, Levine in Matthew and at Merancas in Huntersville:
Joe Hendrick Center for Automotive Technology, Levine Campus, Matthews, NC:
- Home of BMW (ADP) Associate Degree Program, Honda PACT Programs
Transport Systems Technology Building, Merancas Campus, Huntersville, NC
- Home of GM Automotive Service Education Program (ASEP) and General Automotive Programs
- Manufacturer specialized training programs: BMW, GM, and Honda
- Associate Degree, Diploma, and Certificate options
- Graduates qualify for entry-level employment opportunities in a dealership, fleet shop, or independent shop as a technician
- Graduates are prepared to take the ASE certification exam
- Programs are NATEF Certified
- Tool Discounts available for students
- Learn and Earn Options (career experience while making money!)
Register to attend a Transport Systems Information Meeting (TSIM) on this website for enrollment info and a tour.
Automotive Systems Faculty and Staff
Click on names to go to employee web page.
Honda Coordinator/Instructor and BMW Coordinator
|Ken Collins||Program Chair - General Automotive
|Joe Carbon||BMW Instructor||704-330-4364|
|Steven Dizon||GM ASEP Coordinator/Instructor||
|Randy Hargette||GM Training Center
|Brian McMillan||BMW Instructor||704-330-4366|
|Robert Koski||Welding Instructor for Automotive, CAT, and Diesel Heavy Equipt.||704-330-4155|