Communities in College (CIC)
Communities in College (CIC) is a student organization comprised of former CMS Communities in Schools students. Students that participate in CIC will have an active advisor to oversee the group’s objectives. The advisor will serve as an advocate and mentor, as well as a community/college liaison.
Communities In College (CIC) Program provides former Communities In Schools (CIS) students and other interested students attending Central Piedmont the support they need to successfully transition to Central Piedmont and holistically develop them to excel in college and in life.
CIC students will be very involved participants of the organization via the following activities:
- conduct student buddy program (i.e. peer mentoring)
- participate in local college tours
- assist with high school tour visits to Central Piedmont
- visit current CIS schools to mentor high school students
- cultivate camaraderie amongst group members through monthly luncheons
- “Transition within Transition” by assisting incoming students transition from high school to community college to a four-year school
- participate in monthly workshops (e.g. leadership training, time management, effective communication, etc.)
- join study groups
Communities in College is looking for new executive board leaders and members! All students are welcomed, especially those students who have been a Communities In Schools student. We want to help you achieve your greatest potential in and out of the classroom.
Apply for the Communities in College program
For more information about Communities in College, contact us at 704.330.2722, ext 3240, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.