For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Find Books and Supplies
At Central Piedmont's Barnes & Noble College (BNC), you will find everything you need for your classes as well as Central Piedmont swag and apparel. By using and accessing the bookstore, you also help Central Piedmont by providing the school with opportunities to recover money used for other programs across all campuses and scholarships.
All in-person bookstore locations are closed until further notice. Shop online at the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore at Central Piedmont website.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Barnes & Noble is experiencing delivery delays from its publishers that may impact textbook deliveries. The bookstore is processing all textbook orders as quickly as possible in the order in which they were received. Log in to your B & N account to view order statuses for your deliveries.
How to Order Textbooks on the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore Website
- Go to the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore at Central Piedmont website or download the free My Bookstore app.
- Select Textbooks, then Find Textbooks.
- Select the campus where your class is located. Corporate and Continuing Education students, select "Corporate and Continuing Education" as your campus.
- Complete all fields in the Term/Department/Course/Section columns. To find this information:
- Log into your MyCollege account.
- Go to Academics.
- Select Student Planning.
- Select Plan and Schedule.
- Once you have completed all fields, select Find Materials.
- On the Select Format menu, select the format you would like to purchase. (Before adding items to your cart, read all information for each item so that you do not order unneeded/extra items.)
- Required: must have for class
- Recommended: recommended/option provided by faculty
- Package Component: access code that is part of the required bundle. Do not buy both the code and the book bundle.
- Bookstore Recommended: items recommended by the bookstore that may be helpful for the course
- Select Add Item(s) To Your Cart, then Checkout.
- Create your account by completing all fields on the Create Your Account form. If you already have an account, select “I already have an account.” This is not your Central Piedmont login — you have to create a separate account.
- Select your payment method on the Payment Options page. Financial aid, dual enrollment, middle college, sponsored, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits students: review the instructions in the following "Payment Options Instructions" section for additional payment options instructions. You do need to enter credit card information if you are renting textbooks, even if you are using financial aid or other funding to cover your rental fee. Continue reading for more information on renting textbooks.
- Review all information and select Submit. You will not be charged until your order is processed.
- Check the email address you provided for an email confirming your order.
Submit any questions on the Barnes & Noble College bookstore website or to firstname.lastname@example.org.