In light of COVID-19 health directive clarifications now provided by the Mecklenburg County Public Health Department -- and adhering to our stringent pandemic safety protocols -- Central Piedmont will move some career and technical education classes back to on-campus, in-person delivery as of January 14. Check your student email for details.
Class sections that began the semester as online or hybrid will continue online until Feb. 2, at which time the college will provide further guidance. Students with questions about the mode of their classes – online or on-campus – should contact their instructors directly and check Blackboard.
Find Books and Supplies
At Central Piedmont's Barnes & Noble College (BNC), you will find everything you need for your classes as well as Central Piedmont swag and apparel. By using and accessing the bookstore, you also help Central Piedmont fund scholarships and campuses.
Bookstores are Open
All in-person bookstore locations are open for supply shopping and order pickup Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. You still need to buy all your textbooks online. Curbside pickup is available at the Cato and Central Campuses. For all campuses besides Central Campus, you can only pick up books at that campus for classes held on that campus; all other pickups should be made at Central Campus. The Merancas Campus bookstore is now located in the new Merancas IV Building.
As a reminder, you'll need to follow the college return to campus guidelines when coming to a bookstore, including submitting the health acknowledgement form in advance.
Shop online at the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore at Central Piedmont website.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Barnes & Noble is experiencing delivery delays from its publishers that may impact textbook deliveries. The bookstore is processing all textbook orders as quickly as possible in the order in which they were received. Log in to your B & N account to view order statuses for your deliveries.
How to Order Textbooks on the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore Website
- Go to the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore at Central Piedmont website or download the free My Bookstore app.
- Select Textbooks, then Find Textbooks.
- Select the campus where your class is located. Corporate and Continuing Education students, select "Corporate and Continuing Education" as your campus.
- Complete all fields in the Term/Department/Course/Section columns. To find this information:
- Log into your MyCollege account.
- Go to Academics.
- Select Student Planning.
- Select Plan and Schedule.
- Once you have completed all fields, select Find Materials.
- On the Select Format menu, select the format you would like to purchase. (Before adding items to your cart, read all information for each item so that you do not order unneeded/extra items.)
- Required: must have for class
- Recommended: recommended/option provided by faculty
- Package Component: access code that is part of the required bundle. Do not buy both the code and the book bundle.
- Bookstore Recommended: items recommended by the bookstore that may be helpful for the course
- Select Add Item(s) To Your Cart, then Checkout.
- Create your account by completing all fields on the Create Your Account form. If you already have an account, select “I already have an account.” This is not your Central Piedmont login — you have to create a separate account.
- Select your payment method on the Payment Options page. Financial aid, dual enrollment, middle college, sponsored, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits students: review the instructions in the following "Payment Options Instructions" section for additional payment options instructions. You do need to enter credit card information if you are renting textbooks, even if you are using financial aid or other funding to cover your rental fee. Continue reading for more information on renting textbooks.
- Review all information and select Submit. You will not be charged until your order is processed.
- Check the email address you provided for an email confirming your order.
Submit any questions on the Barnes & Noble College bookstore website or to email@example.com.