Thank you for your interest in Geomatics Technology. The program has become a track in the Civil Engineering Technology program. Please visit our Civil Engineering Technology program to learn about Civil Engineering Technology- Geomatics Technology (A40140G).
What You Will Learn
Coursework includes the communication and computational skills required for boundary, construction, route, and control surveying, photogrammetry, topography, drainage, surveying law, and subdivision design, with emphasis upon applications of electronic data collection and related software, including CAD.
Graduates find jobs with the North Carolina Department of Transportation as well as with companies that do land surveying, commercial and residential development, land mapping, and general and specialty contracting.
Why Choose Central Piedmont
Our learning environments are home to the industry's latest equipment and software, as well as quality instructors who bring real-world experience into the classroom. This powerful combination of traditional teaching and hands-on learning prepares our students for employment in today's 21st century workforce.
Real World Education
At Central Piedmont, your education goes beyond what you learn in class. We offer numerous opportunities for you to enhance your learning — and to make friends, network, and pursue your passions — through clubs and organizations, sports, events and activities, leadership opportunities, job experience, volunteer experiences, visual and performing arts, and even international experiences.
- gain 6400 hours of learning manufacturing skills
- gain 1600 hours of college education
- earn while learning
- get free college and a paycheck
- earn a Journeyman Certificate by the Department of Labor (Commerce)
- experience dual training - academics in college/hands on at company
- earn a scholarship for additional college for bachelor's of arts (differences per company)
- secure guaranteed employment after graduation