Resources, Spaces, and Services to Support Student Success
Check out graphing calculators and laptops; available for 4 hours.
Check out textbooks for many Central Piedmont classes.
Books and Articles
Check out books and DVDs during business hours; access digital publications, streaming videos, and ebooks 24/7.
- My Account: login in to My Account to renew items online or pay fines.
- Request items: delivery of items between campuses
- Interlibrary Loan: borrow materials we don’t have from another library.& Borrowers are responsible for following the Interlibrary Loan policy, found on the Library Policies page before requesting materials.
- request articles through interlibrary loan
- request books through interlibrary loan
All library locations offer labs with printing, scanning, and wireless access.
Quiet Study Space
All library locations offer designated quiet study spaces. Study rooms are available at Cato, Central, Harris, and Levine campuses.
Get Citation help.
View Accessibility at the Central Piedmont Library for information on spaces, services, and resources available.
The Library offers one-on-one consultations when you need help.
Types of Support
- Information Literacy (Research)
- Research topic/question development
- Finding and evaluating online and print research sources
- Using the Library’s search tools
- Citation/plagiarism support
- Digital literacy (Technology)
- Navigating and using Brightspace (does not include help setting up textbook publisher products)
- Connecting to WiFi
- Using basic functions in Central Piedmont email
- Basic computer hardware and software usage
- Basic Internet usage
- Basic functions in Microsoft Office
- Basic functions in Google Drive
- The Central Campus Library collaborates directly with ITS to support digital literacy. Students can also receive digital literacy support at any of the college’s Student Technology Center locations or via the ITS Helpdesk.
How to Get Support
- Walk-in, chat, and text: all locations feature diverse staff at service desks and via online chat or text ready to help with quick questions.
- Appointments/email: for more advanced support, reserve appointments with librarians for research, citation, and Brightspace help. You can also email questions.