For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
NC Governor Roy Cooper announced Sept. 1 he is moving the state into Phase 2.5. Playgrounds will open, and businesses like gyms and museums across the state can reopen at reduced capacity as of Sept. 4. The Governor emphasized that safety measures such as face-coverings, social distancing, and frequent hand washing should still be followed.
Central Piedmont continues to offer fall semester classes in multiple formats with the majority of classes being taught online.
Registration for fall short session classes — as well as Corporate and Continuing Education courses — is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) is a college retention and degree completion program centered on academic, personal, social, and career support for under-resourced college students. We specialize in academic coaching, tutoring, and academic counseling.
The TRIO Student Support Services program is federally funded to serve 175 students each year. You may be eligible for TRIO if you are:
- a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- eligible for federal student aid (Pell Grant)
- enrolled or accepted at Central Piedmont as an undergraduate student
In addition, you must meet any of these criteria:
- first-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree)
- low-income college, as outlined by the Department of Education TRIO income eligibility criteria
- have a documented disability
Apply Now for TRIO Student Support Services
- Complete the TRIO-SSS application. (Be sure to enter your exact Central Piedmont email address in the application, e.g. userID@email.cpcc.edu).
- After you submit your application, check your Central Piedmont email for confirmation that your application was submitted successfully.
- Provide a copy of one of the following documents to the TRIO Student Support Services office, located in the Central Campus Central High Building in Room 117, or as an email attachment to email@example.com:
- a copy of your IRS-1040
- a copy of non-filer letter (can be obtained through the TRIO office)
Upon completion of your application and evaluation of your eligibility, a meeting will be scheduled either with the TRIO program director or counselor.
Tutoring Services for TRIO Students
TRIO Student Support Services offers individualized tutorial services that develop independent learning, facilitate insight into learning and the learning processes, and respect your individual differences. These services are provided in a safe and caring environment where the learning opportunity is maximized.
The provision of the TRIO Student Support Services tutorial services enhances the prospects that you will persist in your educational careers and graduate or transfer to a senior institution. Our tutoring program is nationally certified by the College Reading and Learning Association. This means that tutors receive ongoing supervision and training to increase/improve their skills. Tutors must be knowledgeable about their area of study, but they also must demonstrate their ability to explain the subject material clearly and patiently.
Success Coaching Services
TRIO-SSS offers individualized coaching services designed to provide academic and non-cognitive development services for TRIO-SSS students to address their needs. Success Coaches work with program participants to monitor and track their progress and implement early intervention services as needed. Coaches will maintain contact with students on a regular basis and will employ “high touch” advising methods to encourage student success.