Please see the important update about Central Piedmont classes resuming Feb. 22 and March 1 following the ransomware attack. Visit www.cpcc.edu/technology-interruptions for details.
Keep checking this page for the latest updates on the February 2021 technology interruptions at Central Piedmont.
Find additional details for the systems and tools that affect employees and students:
- Employees: visit the Information for Employees page for updates on accessing your email.
- Students: visit the Information for Students page to learn how to get back into your email.
Thursday, February 25, 2021: Help Desk Phone and Chat Back Online
Central Piedmont’s Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk phone line and online chat tool are back online and working to help students and employees. Now, you can reach the Help Desk team by phone at 704.330.5000 or by online chat during the following hours:
- Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.–noon
We encourage you to contact the Help Desk with your technology questions and concerns. The team is prepared to help you if you are having difficulty with:
- reactivating your Central Piedmont username (If you had trouble reactivating your username due to a name change, the Activator application has been updated to address this issue. Please try the Activator application again.)
- Google Gmail and Google Workspace
- and more!
If you need help with Brightspace, please contact Brightspace Customer Support at 1.877.325.7778. You can also live chat with a Brightspace representative. In the Brightspace navigation menu, select “Support,” then “Chat with Brightspace Support 24/7.”
Due to the recent cyberattack and the team’s resources, Help Desk wait times may be longer than usual. Please be patient as the team works to address all questions as quickly as possible.
Watch the following video messages from Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Heather Hill to learn more about the college's plans to deliver courses using Brightspace instead of Blackboard moving forward. Be on the lookout for a similar message from Dr. Hill sent to your email. You can find resources to learn how to use Brightspace on the Information for Employees and Information for Students pages.