Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice (ISSN 2150-3974)
Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice (TALTP), a peer-reviewed journal published quarterly by Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte, North Carolina, is aimed toward instructors of American literature courses in four- and two-year universities and colleges.
Our goal is to feature practical articles on best classroom practices, including the use of the Internet and other technology. Articles featuring the use of critical theories in teaching American literature an introducing minor or lost American authors are welcome, as are reviews of new titles that would interest instructors. Our readers seek to more effectively transfer their knowledge of, interest in, and passion for American literature to their students.
Submit Your Article
- We seek intelligent, critical articles written in a clear, readable style that offer our readers thoughtful, useful, pedagogically sound, and innovative ideas for teaching American literature.
- We are also interested in articles about new American authors or lesser-known authors who haven't seen much study, particularly in ways that they could add to students' experiences of American literature.
- All articles go through a blind peer-review process, with editorial staff making all final publishing decisions.
- We publish four to six articles of 2,500 to 9,000 words in each online issue of "Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice." Brief book reviews and articles of fewer than 2,500 words for our occasional "How Do You Do It?" feature also are welcome, as are books for review.
- We do not currently provide books for review, but hope to do so in the near future.
- We accept/review manuscripts all year and do not charge to read articles.
- We prefer manuscripts to use MLA 8th edition:
- Use only one space after a period.
- Use italics for titles.
- Use end notes, not footnotes.
- Use hanging indent or first line indent features of your Word program as appropriate.
- Include an abstract and a brief bio.
Submit manuscripts, along with abstract and bio, as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Reviewers
We are looking for article reviewers. Contact us for details.