Study Abroad and International Education
CPCC's Global Learning Office
Global Learning is a resource for students, faculty and members of the Charlotte community to explore international issues. Become a "global citizen" by studying abroad, participating in cultural events, discussing international issues and gaining a global perspective. If interested in learning more, please complete our Interest Card.
News and Announcements
Common Study Abroad Q&A
- US News & World Report . Check out what
- What destinations and countries can I visit through study abroad?
- What are my next steps to apply for a study abroad program?
- What scholarships are available to assist me in paying for a study abroad experience?
- You can help make studying abroad possible for students - visit our fundraising page to learn how!
- How can I raise funds to travel abroad?
Why Study Abroad?
Participants gain international experience, cultural sensitivity, foreign language skills, competitiveness in the job market, and a global perspective.Research shows that:
- International experience is one of the most important components of a 21st century education.
- Less than 10% of U.S. students study abroad.
- Globalization is changing the way the world works, and employers are increasingly looking for workers who have international skills and experience.
- Watch this video about CPCC's Study Abroad