For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Student Web Access via E-Locker
E-Locker is a virtual space where you complete and store college web-based projects.
By using this service, you must read and agree to the College Acceptable Use Guidelines. In order to use your web space, you must already enrolled at the college and have a valid Central Piedmont login.
Connect and Configure Your E-Locker
- Enable Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) on your account using the instructions in the following "Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)/Secure Copy Protocol (SCP)" section.
- Download an FTP/SFTP software to your computer using the instructions in the next section.
- Connect to e-Locker with the SFTP software:
- host/server: sftp.cpcc.edu
- port: 22
- username and password: your regular Central Piedmont student login
- Transfer files between your device and your e-locker.
- Create a folder called "www."
- Put any content you wish to be available via the web in the "www'" folder.
- Access your web content at http://students.cpcc.edu/~yourloginid ("yourloginid" is your student id).
If you are taking PHP/MySQL courses, you can also have your database space created by going to PHPMyAdminSetup and logging in with your Central Piedmont Login. Once the database has been created, the PHPMyAdmin application can be used to work with your database.
Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
Access your E-locker directory via Secure File Transfer Protocols that are used in business and industry. To use Secure File Transfer Protocol to access your E-Locker:
- Enable Secure File Transfer Protocol on your account (this only has to be done the first time you use Secure File Transfer Protocol).
- Install an Secure File Transfer Protocol client application on your computer:
- WinSCP Secure File Transfer Protocol client application installation for Windows
- FileZilla Secure File Transfer Protocol client application installation for Windows
- FileZilla Secure File Transfer Protocol client application installation for Mac
- Fetch Secure File Transfer Protocol client application installation for Mac
The first time you connect to the server, it will ask you to verify its RSA key. As long as the RSA key is "ssh-rsa 2048 fd:22:0c:e1:1c:68:2f:e3:88:e3:ba:71:23:d1:8d:b9," you can be confident that you are connecting to the right server: