IELCE: Supported Occupational Training for English Language Learners
The Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) Supported Occupational Training Program will assist and support English Language Learners as they enroll in industry training classes and pursue a variety of short term occupational training that will lead to employment opportunities. The IELCE Supported Occupational Training program is designed specifically to meet the needs of English language learners as they pursue career goals in their chosen training pathway.
What you can expect
Dual enroll in classes specifically designed to support learning in certification classes.
As an IELCE student, you will receive ample support:
- access to career exploration classes to identify training goals
- guidance with enrollment and assistance with navigating the registration process
- assistance with cost associated with program participation
- English language acquisition support specifically contextualized to training classes
- personalized help during your program to support your day-to-day life challenges
As an IELCE student, you will be able to participate in the following:
- dual enroll in ESL classes and occupational training classes
- improve English skills through contextualized English language acquisition activities
- enhance knowledge of rights & responsibilities of citizenship & civic participation
- acquire industry specific training and build soft skills for employment
- connect with students and staff that will help support training goals