For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Graduate as a NC Scholar of Global Distinction
Expand your intercultural awareness and understanding of the global relevance of your college studies. With a NC Scholar of Global Distinction, you earn a unique résumé-building credential and leadership skills that will set you apart in today’s competitive job market.
The Charlotte region is home to more than 950 foreign-owned firms that provide local jobs to more than 65,000 workers. The NC Scholars of Global Distinction, a partnership between UNC Chapel Hill and North Carolina community colleges, is designed to equip you with the global competencies and skills you need for the 21st century workforce.
- special recognition as a “Scholar of Global Distinction” at graduation
- notation as “graduated with global distinction” on your official transcript
- wear a special cord at graduation
- a greater understanding of the global relevance of your education
- current Central Piedmont student taking courses for college credit
- 2.5 GPA or higher
You do not have to be in a certain major or program to participate. Students from a variety of areas, including Nursing, Business, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Fine Arts, and applied sciences have applied.
To Complete the Program
To successfully graduate as an NC Scholar of Global distinction, you must:
- complete at least 15 credit hours of eligible courses with a grade of A or B
- participate in eight international activities/events (speakers, films, performances, etc.)
- You must get prior approval from the Global Scholars Coordinator to get credit for an off-campus international event.
- You will be provided with materials and instructions for tracking the international events you attend for program credit once you are accepted into the program.
- complete 30 hours of global experience (study abroad or domestic intercultural experience)
- give a capstone presentation related to your participation in the NC Scholars of Global Distinction to a committee of Central Piedmont faculty, staff, and administrators
Graduating as a NC Scholar of Global Distinction will depend on the rate at which you complete the requirements. Other variables include class selection and availability. Courses may fill up or not be offered in certain semesters. This program does transfer to some NC community colleges; the Global Scholars Coordinator can provide information about which community colleges apply.
Get started by completing the NC Scholars of Global Distinction application.