The Ruth G. Shaw Academic Learning Center (ALC) is dedicated to ensuring unparalleled student success. As an esteemed extension of our Library services, our distinguished domain grants Central Piedmont students enrolled in math, science, and writing curriculum courses, with invaluable academic support. Our unwavering mission lies in empowering students, equipping them with the academic support needed to conquer coursework obstacles, foster independent learning, and forge crucial skills essential not only in academic work but learning that lasts a lifetime.
Our academic support services offer high quality in person and virtual tutoring sessions by appointment as well as conduct a wide variety of subject specific and study skills workshops. Our hybrid platform provides students with:
- flexible scheduling options
- available in person and/or online
- credentialed professionals to help you clarify skills and concepts
- individualized feedback and attention to subject matter
- access to various study spaces including group, individual and quiet rooms throughout our Center and Library
Multiple ALC locations are available to all Central Piedmont students and are located at the following campuses:
- Central Campus: Parr Center, Level 2, Suite 2130
- Levine Campus: Levine III, Room 2520
- Cato Campus: Cato II, Room 270
Visit Brightspace and select "ALC Academic Support" (located under Student Resources) to sign up for an appointment today. We look forward to serving you.