Specific information and instructions pertaining to College procedures and state limitations on expenditures are on the Accounts Payable website (login required). Other applicable travel procedures are as follows:
- A Request for Authorization to Travel form must be completed prior to the travel date by or for the individual requesting permission to travel. Such form is to be completed even if no reimbursement will be requested.
- The Form will be submitted to the immediate administrator, supervisor or dean, or other administrator who has the authority to provide initial authorization.
- Authorization by all designated personnel denotes approval of the travel and, when required, encumbrance of funds to cover projected cost from the appropriate fund source.
- If repayment of expenses is requested, a Travel Expense Report/Local Travel Expense Reimbursement form must be completed and approved within 30 days after the travel is completed or June 30, whichever comes first. Documentation in the form of receipts or invoices for costs of lodging, registration, public conveyance, parking, and tolls must be retained and attached to the Travel Expense Report form. The form will be forwarded to Accounts Payable for processing and payment.
- All registration fees must be approved in advance by the immediate administrator, supervisor, or dean. Recording these fees on the Travel Authorization Form is required.
- Local, intra-county mileage reimbursements for pre-approved travel on official College business should be approved and received in Accounts Payable no later than 30 days after the last day of the previous month.