Finance and Administrative Services
The Finance and Administrative Services Unit, under the leadership of Mike Whiteman, the unit’s Vice President, provides the financial planning, processing, and reporting systems and services necessary to support the college’s mission. Finance and Administrative Services is here to help you succeed.
The Finance and Administrative Services Unit is committed to supporting Central Piedmont's mission, vision, and strategic goals to advance the life-long educational development of our students and strengthen our community. We accomplish this by providing high-quality assistance and service to students, faculty, staff, and our community partners. We strive to make all services available as needed, and we proactively seek to enhance our knowledge and understanding of the financial and administrative functions for which we are responsible. We strive to ensure compliance with policies and regulation by developing and implementing programs, services, and policies that balance the efficient use of college resources. Our staff is here to provide the resources and facilities that support an effective learning environment. We value the opportunities that we have to serve, and it is our goal to provide outstanding services so that the focus is on teaching and learning.
Directory of Services
The following departments form the Finance and Administrative Services unit.
- Auxiliary Services: includes Campus Printing and Signs, Bookstores, Vending and Food Services; serves the entire college, both faculty/staff and students.
- Construction and Fixed Assets Accounting: provides the oversight of accounting activities and requirements for construction projects, and the life-cycle tracking of all college-owned assets from asset acquisition to retirement.
- Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for the oversight of insurance, contract management, claims management, as well as Business Continuity and Emergency Management.
- Financial Services: coordinates a number of central services for departments within Finance and Administrative Services. Generally, the Financial Services department is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial information to both internal and external parties. The departments within Financial Services include:
- Accounting and Reporting: responsible for the maintenance of the college’s Chart of Accounts, and all internal and external financial reporting. The best place for answers to question(s) about creating an account is the GL Forms page of the Accounting and Reporting intranet site.
- Accounts Payable: responsible for the payment of invoices for all services provided to the college.
- Budgets and Payroll: manages the college’s Operating Budget Plan to conform with the requirements of the North Carolina Community College System and other State and Federal regulations, and also maintains payroll systems and records for the college’s employees.
- Business Office/Cashiering: handles all student accounting, including tuition and fee payments.
- Corporate and Continuing Education Accounting: handles all self-supporting billing and receivables for the college's Corporate and Continuing Education division.
- Grants, Contracts, and Financial Aid Accounting: manages the accounting of financial resources of grants and contracts while maintaining adherence to compliance factors and guidelines.
- Procurement: the sole authority within the institution to buy goods and services for use by the faculty, staff, and administration.
- Sponsored Programs/Sponsor Desk: provides fiscal management for all financial sponsor activity.