For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Information Technology Student Labs
Lab assistants are currently available online to help you remotely. Read on for details on how to contact a lab assistant.
- Labs do not require appointments. Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Facilitators are to assist IT students with IT labs and assignments.
- Facilitators are not to answer questions on quizzes or tests.
- Cell phone calls are to be taken outside the lab.
- Labs are not to be used for social networking (e.g. Facebook), playing computer games, etc.
- Students must sign in and show their student ID to the lab facilitator.
- Food or drink is not allowed in the labs.