Honeywell STEM Academy: STEM Prep
STEM Prep is an academic enrichment program for underrepresented students who are rising 11th graders, rising 12th graders, and graduating 12th graders that are interested in pursuing associate degrees in on of the health sciences, engineering disciplines or in Information Technology.
Supported by generous funding from Honeywell, this 4-week summer program is held on Central Piedmont's Central Campus.
As a participant, you will enroll in non-credit, college-level courses that provide you with project-based experiences in mathematics and your choice of science, technology or engineering. When you finish STEM Prep, you will:
- gain increased familiarity with current practices in STEM fields
- illustrate preparedness for a successful transition into STEM studies at the college level
- participate in a coordinated exploration of careers in your targeted STEM focus area
STEM Prep Eligibility
- Rising 11th grader, rising 12th grader, and/or graduating 12th grader in STEM with an emphasis on underrepresented students
- Interested in pursuing associate degrees in one of the health sciences, engineering disciplines or in Information Technology