Merancas IV opens for spring term
Central Piedmont is excited to announce Merancas IV, a new classroom building on its Merancas Campus in Huntersville, NC, will open its doors for select in-person courses in January 2021.
The new 67,660 square-foot facility, designed by ADW Architects and constructed by Rodgers, features:
- a campus library, including a computer classroom and student technology center
- four science labs
- nine general classrooms
- Middle College at Merancas Campus classrooms and offices
- reading and math labs
- student commons areas, including multi-purpose rooms, Student Government Association lounge and offices
- student study and lounge areas
- a campus administration office suite
- faculty office areas
“One of Central Piedmont’s core values is being student-centered and focused on student success,” said Dr. Kandi Deitemeyer, president of Central Piedmont. “With this in mind, our new facility will help us better serve our students by providing them with additional spaces to not only study and learn, but also to engage with their peers and grow their leadership skills through our many Student Life programs and Student Government initiatives.”
The $27.5 million project was funded with Mecklenburg County 2013 Bonds.
If you are a student and are not sure if you have a class in the new facility, courses in this building have “Merancas IV” as the location on course schedules.
To familiarize yourself with the new building's location, view the Merancas Campus map.