2021 Hagemeyer Educational Advancement Award and Young Alumni Award of Excellence Nominations Being Accepted
Do you know a Central Piedmont Community College graduate who is making a tremendous difference in the community? Nominations are currently being sought for the 2021 Richard H. Hagemeyer Educational Advancement Award and the 2021 Young Alumni Award of Excellence. These awards recognize Central Piedmont graduates who have significantly benefited from their experiences at Central Piedmont and whose efforts have helped the community.
Nominations are being sought for individuals who have:
- demonstrated community involvement/professional involvement, social responsibility and impact
- acquired scholastic and learning skills that have led to continued personal and educational growth
- improved his or her economic status and social capital as a result of attending Central Piedmont
- invested in the lives of others and is seen as a role model
- graduated within the last 10 years (Young Alumni Award of Excellence only)
Individuals interested in applying should note:
- attendance at graduation is preferred
- political candidates may not be selected or honored in a year in which they are actively pursuing election or re-election
The college will present the award to this year’s winners virtually or at Central Piedmont’s commencement ceremony, depending on the status of the global pandemic. In addition, a one-year scholarship will be granted to a Central Piedmont student in an area of study reflective of the winner’s background.
Nomination forms are available on the Central Piedmont website.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted online; or mailed to Christa Newkirk, Office of Alumni Relations, P.O. Box 35009, Charlotte, NC, 28235. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 12, 2021, at 6 p.m. For more information, email Christa Newkirk or call 704.330.6808.