Public Safety Administration
If you are interested in an administrative, leadership, financial, or incident management career in public safety, the Associate in Applied Science in Public Safety Administration degree is a great choice for your career. This degree focuses on building your skills and credentials to make you an asset to fire or police departments, emergency management organizations, government agencies, industrial firms, correctional facilities, educational institutions, and the private sector. With on-campus and online options, you’ll have the flexibility to customize your public safety training.
What You Will Learn
The public safety administration program has four tracks to focus your skills to your desired career or current field of expertise.
- Security and Loss Prevention: if you are currently working in the private sector and provide initial response in places like hospitals, shopping centers, and big box stores, this track gives you the skills you need to provide security and prevent theft.
- Corrections: if you want a leadership position in our jails, prisons, or community corrections centers, this track will help you learn what it takes to be effective in these institutions.
- Emergency and Fire Management: if you’re already working as an EMT or in fire services, this track will help you move into a leadership role in these agencies.
- Fire Management: If you work in the fire service, this track helps to prepare for positions of leadership and promotion within your fire agency (estimated approval: spring 2023).
- Law Enforcement: if you work in law enforcement, this track will help prepare you for a promotion in your agency.
Why Choose Central Piedmont
Courses in this degree are taught by expert faculty with relevant higher education credentials and public safety experience. Earning an Associate in Applied Science in Public Safety Administration will prepare you for administrative duties, policy creation/revision, servant leadership, and crisis management which will make you highly employable after graduation.