Member institutions are required to notify SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.
CPCC Policy on Substantive Change
Member institutions are also required to have a policy and procedure to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to SACSCOC in a timely fashion.
Examples of Substantive Changes that have been sent to the SACSCOC
- Level III Instructional Service Agreement with South Piedmont Community College for the Fire Protection Program
- Terminations of diplomas and certificates in the Simulation and Gaming area
- Notification of College and Career Certificates in a number of areas, including: Basic in Fire Protection, Construction Supervision (entry level), Interior Design, Simulation and game Development, and Automotive Systems Technology
- Notification of new Associate Degree in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Notification of programs being offered 50% or more through Distance Learning