Webex Assistant for Meetings is an intelligent, interactive virtual meeting assistant that makes meetings searchable, actionable, and more productive. When Webex Assistant is turned on, the meeting host and participants can capture meeting highlights, such as action items, with one click or a voice command, and show captions so that no one misses a word of what's being said. Record the meeting to get a post-meeting transcript.
To request access to Webex Assistant, contact the ITS Help Desk.
- When Webex Assistant is enabled, it appears on the host's screen. Webex Assistant can’t be hidden.
- To turn on Webex Assistant, navigate to the Webex Assistant icon and select "Turn on Webex Assistant."
- When the host turns on Webex Assistant, it makes the audio announcement, "Webex Assistant is enabled to save audio highlights."
- Each participant is notified that the Webex Assistant is in the meeting when they join.
- To show captions, select the Closed Caption option.
- Navigate to the Webex Assistant and select "View captions and highlights" to show the Captions and Highlights panel.
- When you're sharing content, navigate to the Webex Assistant in the menu and select "View captions and highlights" to show the panel.
- If you're the host, you can get a transcript of the meeting if you record the meeting in the cloud. The transcript will be available on your Webex site after the meeting. You can play audio clips of the transcript, download it, make edits, and share it with others.
- In the Captions and Highlights panel, navigate to the caption that you want to save as a meeting highlight and select "Highlight."
- Simply ask the Webex Assistant to do things like create actions items, take notes, and even set up future meetings, with just your voice. Use the wake phrase “OK Webex” followed by a command to create a highlight.
- After the meeting ends, the meeting host will receive an email when the meeting highlights, transcript, and recording are available. If the host has shared the content with you, you'll receive an email too. The email contains a link to the meeting content on your Webex site.