Printing at Central Piedmont
Print Anywhere is the current Central Piedmont print management system that allows users to manage their print quota, print to any Central Piedmont-managed printer, and allows for accurate reporting of college printing. Contact the ITS Help Desk for printing technical support, including paper jams, printer errors, low toner, and issues with the Print Anywhere system.
How to Print
With Print Anywhere, there are two steps to print a document:
Step One: Print
There are 3 different ways to print:
- print from Central Piedmont network computer: The same way you printed from a Central Piedmont-networked computer previously is the same way you'll print with PrintAnywhere. The only change is that you'll select one of the following print queues to send your job. These print queues will be automatically installed on every Central Piedmont-networked computer:
- guests should use GuestBW__PrintAnywhere
- guests should use GuestColor__PrintAnywhere
- print from personal computing device (requires print-ready files): You can upload a document to My Print Center (MPC) for printing at a pay for print printer.
- print via email submission requires print-ready files): You can email attachments to My Print Center for printing at a pay for print printer. Multiple email addresses can linked to an account. If you submit a print job from your personal email and need to associate it with your Central Piedmont account, you'll be able to link your email address to your Central Piedmont login. Send your print job to one of the following email addresses:
Note that all Print Anywhere devices are automatically set to print on both sides of the paper (duplex). If you don't want your document to print on both sides of the paper, you can remove the duplex setting in the printer options. If you do not format your document to fit one page when printing via My Print Center or via email, your single page document may print out as multiple pages. Be sure to set up your document to fit on standard letter (8.5x11) page size before uploading or submitting a print job via email. Printing from a Central Piedmont-networked computer will allow you to use the print driver to manage the paper output.
When you send a document to the print servers, it will not print out at a printer until you're ready. The print job is sent to our print servers, and then waits for you to release it at a pay for print printer.
Step Two: Release the Print Job
When you're ready to get your document, you need to find a pay for print printer and release the print job. Print jobs will be removed from the system after 72 hours. If 72 hours have passed, you will need to print the job again.
- At a pay for print printer, swipe your Central Piedmont ID badge or touch the screen to enter your Central Piedmont network login, Central Piedmont Guest Account, or My Print Center Login.
- Employees can use their RFID Central Piedmont ID badge to log in to a multi-function device. If you carry multiple RFID badges, you will need to remove your Central Piedmont employee ID from your wallet or card holder when attempting to log in.
- Review the printing quick reference poster (PDF) hung nearby each pay for print printer.
Pay for print printers:
- Multi-Function Device (MFD, also sometimes referred to as AIOs or All-In-Ones): Multi-Function Devices are printing and copying machines that combine several functions in a single unit, such as fax, copier, printer, and scanner capabilities. They can also staple and create booklets and duplexes. Multi-function devices are strategically placed throughout Central Piedmont buildings, mainly in the libraries, office suites, and open student areas. Multi-function devices reduce the time to print documents and save departments money by reducing paper consumption. They are the first step in facilitating document imaging and workflow to the college community.
- Omega Printing Terminal: The omega printing terminals have been attached to printers in computer classrooms. The omega terminals only Central Piedmont support network and My Print Center logins - you will not be able to use your Central Piedmont ID badge to release to print jobs from an Omega printing terminal.
Printing Tutorials and Guides
- student printing video tutorial
- faculty/staff printing video tutorial
- employee Pay For Print department print-funding liaison training
- employee Pay for print process
- employee Pay for Print process diagram
If you need printing consumables, such as toner, paper, or staples, contact the ITS Help Desk. A service request detailing the need will be opened and routed to Campus Printing.
Google Cloud print isn't currently supported, but anyone without full driver functionality using a computer such as a Chromebook can use My Print Center or submit their job via email submission.