Central Piedmont Wireless Network
Wireless Network Requirements
To connect to the wireless network, you will need:
- A wireless device that is compatible with WiFi networks (802.11ac, 802.11g or 802.11n) and is also compatible with the 802.1x protocol (most modern devices are compatible).
- A valid Central Piedmont username and password or guest authorization code.
We cannot offer open access to Central Piedmont wireless networks. Central Piedmont's network is considered a public network. Public networks are subject to specific security and audit standards. These standards require all users to be tracked, so we must have all users login to our network, including guests. Fortunately, the wireless network has a self-service portal for guests of the Central Piedmont community to make it easier on first time users or infrequent guests.
In most cases, you will have access to some departmental resources through a web browser via the Central Piedmont Cloud. SharePoint, Google Apps, email, and Jabber-based phone services are all available via the wireless network. Some sensitive network resources will not be available for security reasons.
Wireless printing is not supported, but you may use PrintAnywhere to print to any Central Piedmont-managed printer.
Available Wireless Networks
There are three wireless networks available at all Central Piedmont campuses:
- "CPCC:" This network is for Central Piedmont employees. You must have valid employee credentials are to connect.
- "CPCCStudent:" This network is for students. You must have valid student credentials to connect.
- "CPCCguest:" This network is for first-time enrolling students, one-time guests, and infrequent visitors. This network features a self-service portal to allow visitors a method to create their own accounts instantly. These sessions are temporary and have limited resources available to them.
- If you are a visitor or renting space at one of our campuses and were provided with a guest network account, please use the "CPCCStudent" network.