Our Counselors help students clarify goals and create new strategies to achieve them. Whether your concern is academic, personal, or a mix of both, Counselors are here to assist you.
When should I go see a Counselor?
People come to Counseling Services for a lot of different reasons. You’re encouraged to come see us when you want to:
- Clarify goals for college and your education.
- Discuss study habits and your educational history.
- Improve your academic standing and meet Standards of Academic Progress( SOP)
- Receive short -term personal counseling
- Improve relationships and build a support system
- Explore new ways to take care of yourself
- Connect with resources on and off campus.
- Get information about CPCC degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
- Receive course recommendations (FOR STUDENTS WITHOUT A FACULTY ADVISOR)
Counselors are available during CPCC’s standard operating hours to help students experiencing a personal crisis.
After hours, or if you are off campus, please phone 911 for emergency situations.
Online screenings are available for:
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Alcohol Use Disorder
(These free, confidential screenings offer guidance about when to seek further assistance. However, they do not provide a diagnosis and are not a substitute for medical care or professional assessment.)
Please contact one of our counselors to find out more about the above.