Veterans Affairs students seeking reimbursement of VA educational benefits are in the unique position of having to meet requirements as specified by both the VA and the State Approving Agency (SAA). Although CPCC’s VA Office does not work for the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), it is our job to work closely with them to ensure that your needs as a student are met. Our office strives to meet the DVA goal of “Putting Veterans First”.

To receive VA educational benefits, students must do the following:

  • Apply for VA educational benefits: all Veterans, National Guard/Selected Reserve and Survivors and Dependents of Disabled Veterans can apply online for benefits. You can access the application by going to www.gibill.va.gov, then click on Apply for Benefits (VONAPP) and select the appropriate application.
  • Come by or contact the CPCC VA Office as soon as possible to receive a VA Student Packet that includes a checklist of directions, plus basic information concerning the processes involved in getting benefits;
  • Request official copies of High School, Military Transcripts, all prior College Transcripts, and Member 4 DD-214 to be sent to Student Records. For Military/College Transcripts, you must complete a “Request for Evaluation” form and check that you are a Veteran student;
  • IMPORTANT NOTICE: Your VA file will not be complete until all High School, College, Military Transcripts, and Member 4 DD-214 are in Student Records and evaluated. See Links to request military transcripts.
  • Meet with an Academic Counselor to be admitted into a VA Approved Program of Study;
  • Read, sign and return all requested forms included in the VA Student Packet.