Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology
The Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology program prepares individuals for employment as entry-level transportation service technicians. The program provides an introduction to transportation industry careers and increases student awareness of the diverse technologies associated with this dynamic and challenging field. The degree program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, service, and maintain diesel engines in vehicles such as Heavy Duty Trucks over one ton classification, buses, ships, railroad locomotives, and equipment as well as stationary diesel engines in electrical generators and related equipment.
- State of the Art Hydraulic, Transmission, Engine and Electrical Labs
- Main shop contains the current diagnostic equipment
- Associate Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Program Options
- Graduates qualify for entry-level employment opportunities in a dealership, fleet shop, or independent shop as a technician
- Graduates are prepared to take the ASE certification exam
- Tool Discounts available for students
- Learn and Earn Options (career experience while making money!)
Register to attend an Transport Systems Information Meeting (TSIM) on this website for enrollment info and a tour.
Heavy Equipment and Transportation Technology Faculty and Staff
Click on names to go to employee email.
|Dave Favre||Division Director||704-330-4150|
|Jeremy Taylor||Program Chair||704-330-4181|