Charlotte is at the epicenter of the country’s motorsports industry. Close to 75 percent of the NASCAR industry's employees and drivers are based within two hours of downtown Charlotte, and as the area unveils more drag strips, race tracks and the NASCAR Hall of Fame, more industry professionals are expected to relocate to the Charlotte metropolitan area.
Through its host of seminar series, Motorsports Institute and Automotive Systems with a Specialization in Race Car Technology certificate program, CPCC’s Motorsports program puts you in the driver’s seat to a great career in this emerging field.
Let our team of qualified instructors help you join the multitude of CPCC students already employed and working with such Nextel Cup teams as Hendrick and Joe Gibbs Racing.
Attend an information session (AIM session) to tour our state-of-the-art motorsports shops, meet our instructors and learn more about enrollment.
Click below to enroll in an information session and tour.
Motorsports Program Highlights
- Won “Rookie of the Year” at the Society of Auto Engineering SAE Formula Regional and International Competitions
- Won the North Carolina Motorsports Association “Two-Year School” Award
- Hosted Summer Camp for Advanced Science and Math High School Students sponsored by Society of Automotive Engineering and N.C. Motorsports Association
- Partner with NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Awarded more than $60,000 in grants from the N.C. Motorsports Consortium
- Motorsports students awarded $8,000 in scholarship money from NCMA Foundation and CPCC
- State-of-the-Art Welding and Fabrication Lab