Scholarships and Financial Aid
Start early! - By researching your options early, you are in the best position to find financial aid for studying abroad. You will discover that most scholarships require that you apply up to a year in advance of your departure date. It is never too early to start searching. Here are some resources:
Financial Aid and Veterans Benefits
Alternative/Private Loans may be a possible funding source in covering the expenses associated with study abroad trips. For student who have served, some VA benefits might be applicable. Interested students should go to the Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs office for more information on Alternative/Private loan information.
Scholarships for CPCC Programs
To be eligible for scholarships, you must be a full-time CPCC student. However, faculty, staff and community members are welcome to participate on any study abroad program. * Please note that while you may apply to all scholarships that you are eligible for, each student may only receive ONE CPCC-sponsored study abroad scholarship. Scholarships you obtain from any other outside sources may be applied in coordination with our CPCC scholarships.
- Germany - The German Language & Culture Foundation Immersion Scholarship will provide recipients with up to $1500 for CPCC's . Applicants must be currently enrolled in a CPCC German Course. Applications due by December 16, 2016.
- France - Boye French Immersion Scholarship provides a recipient with up to $800 for a CPCC program to a French speaking country. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a CPCC French course. Applications due by December 16, 2016.
- Business and Accounting - Full time students in the CPCC AAS Business and Accounting program who are interested in participating in the Business in Ireland program are invited to apply for scholarships of up to $800. Interested students should apply NOW through December 15, 2016. Applications will be reviewed and interviewed on an ongoing basis. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- Global Learning Scholarship - The Global Learning Office will be giving out scholarships for use on any CPCC program. Interested students should apply NOW through December 15, 2016. Applications will be reviewed and top candidates will be contacted for interviews. The criteria for selection are as follows: 1. Full time CPCC student, 2. Ability to demonstrate in interview how this program will be helpful to them personally and professionally, 3. Demonstrate financial need
To be considered for a CPCC scholarship:
- Complete the application and recommendations - 2 academic references, and 1 from someone who knows you well (not family)
- Email your Statement of Purpose to email@example.com (prompt at the bottom of the application
CPCC's Global Learning Office will support your application to any of the below scholarships for which you are qualified.
- - This scholarship provides study abroad scholarships for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
- Study Abroad Funding - search by your destination country or field of study
- Study Abroad Scholarships - search this comprehensive listing to see if any of these scholarships are applicable to you.
External Programs and Fellowships
Students interested can pursue external programs through independent study. Contact the Global Learning Office to learn how.
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) - CBYX provides students and recent graduates the opportunity to live, study, and intern in Germany on a full-year, funded fellowship. CBYX is sponsored by the US and German governments for applicants in all career fields between the ages of 18-24, and does not require any prior German language knowledge! Applicants in business, vocational, technical, engineering, scientific, and agricultural fields are especially encouraged to apply.
- US State Department Exchanges - Use this tool to find programs on cultural, research, teaching, business development and musical & artistic exchanges.