Mark Your Calendars!
International Film Club
Thursdays at 6pm throughout the semester
Levine Campus, 2150
Join The Film Club for various international films throughout the spring semester. Movies are hosted by a professor who introduces the theme of the movie and leads discussion following the film. A full schedule of movies can be found here. Movies and popcorn are free!
Global Issues Forum - Asian American Immigration & Citizenship as an Anti-Racist Praxis
Thursday, March 23rd (11:00am to 12:30pm)
Tate Hall, Overcash, Central Campus
Dr. Jennifer Ho, an associate professor in the department of English and Comparative Literature at the University of Chapel Hill, will join CPCC students as our guest speaker. She teaches courses in Asian American Literature, multi-ethnic American Literature, and Contemporary American Literature. Her research interests are in critical race theory, anti-racism and narratology.
Study Abroad Pre-Departure Meeting
Friday, April 21st
Overcash 220, Central Campus
This is the mandatory pre-departure meeting for all students studying abroad for summer 2017. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sensoria - Around the World in 90 Minutes
Tuesday, April 4th (1pm to 2:30pm)
Overcash Lobby, Central Campus
Join our students, both domestic and international, as they showcase their variety of countries while simultaneously teaching others about their art, culture and literature.
Global Student Association - Student Club
First Monday of each month
Join our Global Student Association student club to learn about different cultures and participate in multi-cultural events. This student organization is great for international students and students who have an interest in study abroad. It is a great way to connect and create a sense of unity for global learning. If you are interested in being a part of this student club, please complete the
Investigate these links for free or low cost events in the Charlotte community
- Charlotte International Cabinet - sign up for their email updates for events throughout Charlotte
- Mint Museum Exhibits (Randolph Rd)
- UNCC "Great Decisions Lecture Series"
- Discovery Place (various exhibits and, displays and events)
- World Affairs Council of Charlotte - Interested in tickets? Let the Global Learning Office know. Events labeled "TMS" or The Magellan Society are frequently free or low cost and great for networking.
- International House - Several community based events with volunteer opportunities
- Cultural Associations