TRADE SHOW & CAREER NETWORKING EVENT
Coming Fall 2015
Parking available in Lot B
Harper Campus Student Life will be hosting the 2nd Annual Harper Summit to celebrate the distinctive academic programs at our campus. This event aims to showcase the exceptional work our students and faculty are doing at CPCC and within the community, as well as raise awareness about the value and importance of skilled trades. Join us for the Harper Summit and get to know our people and programs! In the meantime, we encourage you to learn more about National Tradesmen Day and read , a report which examines how to close the skilled labor gap and get America back to work.
- Explore Academic Areas of Student in the Skilled Trades:
- Construction Management
- Architectural Technology
- Electrical Systems Technology
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Non-Destructive Examination
- Welding Technology
- Graphic Arts & Imaging Technology/Flexography
- Advertising + Graphic Design
- Meet Industry Representatives (for the academic programs listed above): Companies may advertise job opportunities, so please bring copies of an updated resume.
- See Program Demonstrations and Tools of the Trade
- Participate in Career Workshops and Learn Job Search Strategies
- Learn about CPCC Services and Resources: Speak with representatives from Student Life; Career Services; Workplace Learning; Service-Learning; Financial Aid; Business Office; Library Services; and the CPCC Small Business Center.
- Enjoy Free Food and Giveaways; Enter for Prizes
- Visit Student Club Tables: Learn how you can get more involved and participate in club activities and conferences; Screen print your own t-shirt for a small fee; Get a professional head shot taken; Enjoy free ice cream; and more!
- Meet Graphic Designers: Graduating students of the Advertising + Graphic Design program will be showcasing their portfolios. If you are in need of a logo or promotional items for your business, please visit their table.
Previous Industry Representatives:
The following companies have participated in this event in the past: Carolinas AGC; Dayton/Grainger; DeWalt/Stanley Proto; Duke Energy; Engineering Consulting Services; Fenner Drives; Flint Group Flexographic Products; Fluke Corporation; Freidrich; Greater Charlotte Apartment Association; Horne Heating and Air Conditioning; International Diving Institute; Liburdi-Dimetrics; Lincoln Electric; NCCER; North Carolina 811; PICA; Robertshaw; Select Stainless Products; Square D/Schneider Electric; Thomas Concrete Supply; Wayne Brother's; and more!
For more information about Summit activities or to discuss how you can participate, please contact Krystal Crowe (Student Life Coordinator) at email@example.com.
CPCC Harper Campus: 315 West Hebron Street, Charlotte, NC 28273