We conduct training to Central Piedmont faculty, staff and interested organizations for greater understanding and tools to assist our students.
What is Green Zone?
- An initiative to support student veterans by designating locations recognized as a “safe place”.
- Identifies faculty and staff throughout Central Piedmont Community College who are knowledgeable about issues faced by student veterans and the resources available to assist them.
- Participants are identified by a Green Zone emblem located outside their office door and on their syllabus.
- Is not only a Professional Development opportunity but also a way to be supportive to those who have sacrificed for others.
- Helps faculty and staff provide supportive services necessary to ensure that veteran students are successful in their academic pursuits, adjust to the campus environment, and eventually transition to civilian employment.
The faculty and staff are a vital part of the team. After training we have Green Zone stickers for completion of training.