Creating a New Social Media Community
Have you been thinking about creating a new social media presence as an employee of Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC)?
CPCC currently has over 10 official social media presences. We encourage you to explore and utilize those options before requesting your own. Please forward any information you’d like included on those sites to email@example.com.
Any department, area or organization of the college wanting to start a new site will need to utilize the college’s existing sites for at least one semester.
- Read and understand the College’s Internet communications guidelines.
- Utilize the College’s existing social media sites for at least one semester.
- Meet with your Community Relations & Marketing Services (CRMS) account coordinator. If you don’t know who your account coordinator is, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.330.6664. We will help you determine if you need a unique site, and if so, will help you navigate the processes of establishing and registering a page.
- Please complete and submit our online application form.
- Only Blackboard and Moodle may be used for classroom management, and no social media sites will be established below the division level. All sites must follow the CPCC Internet Communications Guidelines. CRMS will conduct an annual verification of all sites, and the College reserves the right to close down any College-related site.
- If you have an existing site, we ask that you register or take down your site within one semester. This will ensure we have an accurate record of all CPCC-related sites.
- Email us at email@example.com or call 704.330.6664 if you have any questions regarding Internet communications and social media resources.