Learning Opportunities for PD Hours
Policy 4.29 II C – Professional Development
All full-time employees will complete a minimum of 20 hours of job-related professional development training per year. The 20 hours may be a combination of internal official CPCC classes, supervisor-approved external activities as reported with the Performance Development Plan (PDP), and a maximum of 4 hours related to worksite wellness. Professional performance is directly related to physical health. Exemptions to training may be made in writing by an employee’s supervisor. The training year will coincide with the schedule for the annual PDP.
Professional Development (PD) activities have been divided into the following categories:
- Job-Related activities: PD credit will be assigned
- Worksite wellness: 4 hours PD credit will be assigned
- Conferences, presentations and workshops that are work related, or for scholarly activities: PD credit will be assigned by submitting an Outside Activity request through LearnerWeb. Personal Development activities: PD credit will NOT be assigned, but activities will be listed in each employee’s training history. PD credit for personal growth and development activities that potentially impact job performance may be granted at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Volunteer activities: PD credit will NOT be assigned, but volunteer activities will be listed in each employee’s training history.
Need PDP Hours? – Here’s Your Opportunities
More Than One Way to Earn PD Credit Before the March 31 Submission Deadline!
20 hours of required professional development credit may be a combination of internal learning sessions, supervisor-approved external activities, and a maximum of four hours related to worksite wellness. To qualify for the 2014/15 PDP year, all professional development opportunities must be completed and submitted by Tuesday, March 31. If you need additional credit hours, see below.
Employee Online Trainings at Your Computer through LearnerWeb
No time to travel to another campus or leave your office location to participate in professional development? Problem solved! More than 20 online learning opportunities are available.
- Inside LearnerWeb on the My Dashboard page, go to “Search Course Catalog”.
- Use the Catalog dropdown to select Employee Online Learning, and leave the Keyword box blank.
- Click the Search button.
- Expand the Employee Online Learning folder to see over 20 online course titles.
- View any course by clicking on “Launch”.
- After finishing the course, click “Return to LearnerWeb”.
- Check the box “Yes” to get the link to the assessment.
- Complete the assessment and credit will appear on “My Transcript”.
Learning Materials from Professional Development Lending Library
The Professional Development Lending Library (housed at the Office of Professional Development on Central Campus) provides over 50 books, videos, and CD/DVDs on customer service, leadership development, ethics, socio-economic issues, faculty development, and many more topics. Due to the high demand of these items, only one item is available per employee at a time.
- Inside LearnerWeb on My Dashboard page, go to “Search Course Catalog”.
- Use the Catalog dropdown to select Lending Library-Books and Tapes and leave the Keyword box blank.
- Click the Search button.
- Expand the Lending Library-Books and Tapes folder to view the entire list of lending materials as well see the associated Learning Category and Duration/Credit.
- After locating an item of interest, under Action click “Check Out.”
- If the lending material is available, the Office of Professional Development will send it via inter-campus mail along with a short assessment. Employee Enrollment Status will be listed as “In Progress” until the material and the assessment have been properly returned.
- The Office of Professional Development will review the assessment and then change Employee Enrollment Status from “In Progress” to “Finished”. At that time professional development credit will be awarded.
- If the lending material is currently checked out, employees are placed on a waitlist and receive email notification.
- Learning materials are checked out for a maximum of 5 weeks.
Receive professional development credit for completing an accreditation/certification, a college course, a conference, a scholar activity or a webinar.
- Inside LearnerWeb on My Dashboard page, go to “LearnerWeb Forms”.
- Click on To request professional development hours for an Outside Activity.
- Complete the online form. Within 10 days professional development credit will appear on “My Transcript”.
Employees attending a College sponsored worksite wellness event listed in LearnerWeb will receive one-hour credit per event. To receive additional worksite wellness professional development credit for health or wellness activities not listed in LearnerWeb, employees must submit each activity through LearnerWeb Forms: Outside Activity Each of the following activities qualifies for a one-time, one-hour credit per activity:
- Participating in a dance, exercise or fitness program
- Utilizing the College fitness center
- Attending a health or fitness lunch and learn
- Participating in a biking, running, walking or other athletic program
- Attending a health or wellness event
Follow these directions to view or print a copy of completed training for this year:
- Inside LearnerWeb on My Dashboard page, go to “Annual PDP Transcript.
- Use the Year Ending dropdown to select the current “Year Ending: 2015-04-15 and click GO.
- View Total Hours at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the print feature on your computer to print a copy.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Professional Development at CPCCProfDev.