Required Training & Learning
All new full time employees will complete the required training for all college employees within 30 days of their hiring date.
All full-time employees complete a minimum of 20 hours of job-related professional development training per year. Part-time employees are not required to complete professional development credits, but are welcome to participant in the wide variety of training and learning opportunities that are offered throughout the year.
One- and two-hour workshops are available for faculty and staff to develop a variety of soft and technical skills.
Professional Development offers an array of technology training spanning from Microsoft Office 2010 to Content Management software to SharePoint training.
No time to travel to another campus or leave your office location to participate in professional development? Problem solved! More than 20 online learning opportunities are available.
- Inside LearnerWeb on the My Dashboard page, go to “Search Course Catalog”.
- Use the Catalog dropdown to select Employee Online Learning, and leave the Keyword box blank.
- Click the Search button.
- Expand the Employee Online Learning folder to see over 20 online course titles.
- View any course by clicking on “Launch”.
- After finishing the course, click “Return to LearnerWeb”.
- Check the box “Yes” to get the link to the assessment.
Complete the assessment and credit will appear on “My Transcript”.
The Office of Professional Development at CPCC developed an instructional certification program for part-time faculty.
The Professional Development Library provides current books, videos, and CD/DVDs on a variety of topics. Learn how to earn Professional Development credit after review PD Lending Library materials.
Work with the Professional Development team to develop and design your training course.