Criteria and Selection Process
Criteria for Membership
- Academic Achievement – 3.0 minimum G.P.A.
- Successful completion of at least 18 college credits at CPCC (by the end of the spring semester in which they apply)
- Enrolled in at least 9 credit hours with active academic program
- At least one academic year remaining to serve as an Ambassador
- Community Service hours completed
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- A sincere desire to represent CPCC
- The ability to work well with others and to be a successful team player
- The ability and desire to learn strong communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of CPCC
Students are nominated by faculty and staff members of CPCC or invited based on academic performance. A formal complete application form is then submitted by the nominee to the program advisor. If approved, the student is then scheduled for an interview with the selection committee. This committee is composed of CPCC faculty, administrators, and current student leaders.
Student Ambassadors represent the elite, diversity of CPCC’s student body. They are expected to maintain the highest standards of academic honesty and responsible behavior required by CPCC.
In the case of a change in a Student Ambassador’s academic or behavior status, it is expected that the student will immediately discuss this issue with the program advisors. Following this consultation, appropriate actions will be taken in accordance with standards of conduct required by the program and the college.
This action could include termination of the student’s participation in the Student Ambassador Program.