Levine Middle College High School accepting applications
The Levine Middle College High School, located at Central Piedmont Community College’s (CPCC) Levine Campus, in Matthews, is still accepting student applications for the 2014-15 school year. Parents interested in placing their students in the innovative Levine Middle College program should contact the school immediately at 980-343-9437. Principal Joey Burch also is happy to receive email inquiries at email@example.com.
The Levine Middle College High School (LMCHS) is an honors program offered by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools that gives students the chance to earn college credit tuition-free during their junior and senior years. LMCHS opened in early 2014 and is CMS’ second middle college program. Enrollment is limited to 100 students per grade level. While students take their remaining high school classes at the Levine campus, they can take their college classes at any of CPCC’s six campuses. LMCHS classrooms are equipped with the latest technology, and students have access to all CPCC libraries and the privileges of any other CPCC student. All CPCC college courses are provided at no charge to LMCHS students.
The LMCHS is being patterned after CPCC’s highly successful Cato Middle College, which has established one of the highest graduation rates in North Carolina.
The LMCHS has both 11th and 12th grade spaces available for qualified students. Applications must be submitted and processed no later than August 11 to ensure students can be admitted by the first day of class, Aug. 18.
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission:
- Be a current CMS student or be eligible to attend a Charlotte-Mecklenburg School;
- Be a rising 11th or 12th grader;
- Earned a level III or higher on all EOCs;
- Completed and passed Common Core Math I, Common Core Math II, Biology I, World History, Civics and Economics, and Health/PE;
- Have a minimum cumulative un-weighted GPA of 2.5;
- Have a clean disciplinary record;
- Have good attendance;
- Pass the CPCC AccuPlacer test or meet the requirements of other approved assessments; and
- Completed a minimum of one year of foreign language, with a preference of two years of the same foreign language.
For more information about the Levine Middle College High School, located at CPCC’s Levine Campus, contact Principal Joey Burch at 980-343-9437 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can be found online at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/levineHS/Pages/AboutOurSchool.aspx.