Step 1. Complete a CPCC Application
Go to the CPCC Home Page: www.cpcc.edu.
Click on the orange ‘Get Started’ box
Click on the Degree Seeking or Transfer button in the ‘College Credit’ column.
Complete all requested information, including residency, and then click the green ‘Complete Application’ box.
When you submit, your ID number will be emailed to you in a CPCC welcome letter within 24 hours.
Important details to know as you complete application:
- Select the Lateral Entry Program code, C55430 for Lateral Entry classes.
- There is no financial aid for Lateral Entry classes. See Scholarships tab for Cato Scholarship.
- College Placement test is waived for Lateral Entry students.
- It is critical to complete all questions in the residency section.
Step 2. Submit Lateral Entry Documents
Scan documents and information listed below to Karen.Anderson@cpcc.edu. Documents are required to take Lateral Entry courses. It takes at least 2 weeks to verify documents and to clear for registration.
- A copy of your signed RALC Plan of Study or Qualifying Letter. CMS teachers may have a LTAP Intent Form.
- A digital copy of your unofficial undergraduate transcript showing the degree deferred, the institution and an English course
- CPCC Student ID number from the CPCC welcome email
- Your requested course(s) and indicate semester.
EDU-163 Classroom Management and Instruction
EDU-243 Learning Theory
EDU-244 Human Growth and Development
EDU-271 Educational Technology
Step 3. Preparing to Register
When all documents are submitted and verified, you will receive an email from Karen Anderson about preparing to register. Seats are limited. Plan on paying tuition and fees when you register to hold your seat.
Step 4. Register for class
Go to the CPCC home page: www.cpcc.edu
Click on ‘My College’ not Schedule Builder
Click on ‘Log In’
Click on ‘Students’
Click on ‘Register for Sections’
Click on ‘Search and Register for Sections’
Select Term (ex: Spring 2017)
Select subject & course/section number (ex. EDU 163 L01); Submit
Click on ‘Select’ to verify the course; Submit
Under ‘Action’, choose ‘Register’; Submit
You should get a message ‘You are currently registered for (your chosen) class.”
Step 5. Pay for class
Go to My College. Under Financial Information, choose ‘Make a Payment’ to pay for your class(es). For cost, payment dates and other information, see the Tuition & Fees tab.
Questions and further information: Karen Anderson at karen.anderson.@cpcc.edu