Technical Requirements for Online Courses
Students who are taking SPA111 , SPA112, or SPA211 Online will need the following equipment at home.
- Students need a personal computer and experience using it.
- DSL or Cable Internet connection
- Windows 98/NT/Me/2000/XP 128 MB RAM 400 MHz
- Sound card and speakers (or earphones) and microphone - required
- 8X CD ROM drive or higher
- 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 monitor resolution
- 16-, 24-, or 32-bit mode color depth
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or 5.5 or later
- Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
- Shockwave Player
Acrobat Reader and/or Flash and Shockwave Players are free. If you do not already have them on your computer, you can download them from the Adobe website http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ .
Students need a CPCC Login in order to access the Blackboard website where course information is located. If you don't already have one, you can get your CPCC Login account now http://cpcclogin.cpcc.edu .
To Access Online Course
- Students may purchase access to EN LINEA online from Vista Higher Learning’s secure order form https://www.vhldirect.com/enlinea/.
- It will ask you for Zip/Postal Code. Use the zipcode for CENTRAL PIEDMONT CC: 28105
- The online purchase price is $115.00 US. The access will be valid for 18 months and can be used for SPA111 and SPA 112. Starting this fall, it can also be used for SPA211.
- Students receiving financial aid: A limited number of access codes will be available at the Central Campus Bookstore (only) and can be purchased with financial aid vouchers.
- Students can pay using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards.
- NOTE: An option to pay using PayPal is also available for any students who do not have a credit card or who prefer to use PayPal. For instructions on how to create a PayPal account, please go to http://www.paypal.com/us/. Please do this ahead of time – it takes several days for the account to be set up and, once payment is made, for the vendor to clear your payment.
- For problems with ordering online, including payment options, please contact Vista’s customer service department using one of the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Toll Free Phone: 800-269-6311
- For technical problems using or accessing the EN LINEA course, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your instructor.