Microsoft RoundTable is a video conferencing device with a 360-degree camera that is designed to work with Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business.
RoundTable provides remote meeting participants with panoramic video of everyone sitting around the conference table. In addition, RoundTable contains active speaker detection technology that provides high-resolution video of the active speaker in a meeting, and track the flow of conversation in real time, switching between different meeting participants as they speak.
RoundTable is a plug-and-play USB device that also functions as a standard speakerphone.
As of April 14th, 2009, the Roundtable device is known as the Polycom CX5000. The device has an identical feature set but is branded as a Polycom unit.
The Roundtable device:
- Delivers a unique, engaging 360-degree group video experience
- Brings video, voice, and content together into one seamless interactive session
- Immediately enhances team collaboration
- Enables faster and more effective decision making, improved interaction and lower costs
- Easy to deploy and use
- Part of a full suite of voice and video solutions for Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business
- Demonstration Video from Polycom
In conjunction with Microsoft Lync, the RoundTable will:
- Allow collaboration between colleagues from remote locations
- Fully engage all participants by providing a 360° panoramic view of the conference room when used with Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business
- Record meetings for playback with synchronized voice, video and content
How to create an Online Meeting using Outlook:
- Open your Outlook Calendar
- On the "Home" tab, click "New Online Meeting" or "New Skype Meeting"
- A new meeting appointment window will open
- Simply add all the persons you would like to add to the meeting using the "To" field in the new window
- You may also include any details about the meeting in the body of the message
- The appointment will be added to your Outlook calendar
- To join the meeting, use the directions below
How to join a meeting by computer:
- Open the meeting appointment on your Outlook calendar
- Click "Join online meeting" or "Join Skype Meeting"
- Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business will open and you will be joined to the meeting
How to join a meeting by phone:
- Call 704-330-6555 to reach the Audio Conferencing Center
- Enter the Conference ID located in the Online Meeting invitation, and then press #.
- If you are the leader press * when prompted, and enter your dial-in PIN (see "How to create or reset your dial-in PIN" below). You should join the meeting as a leader.
- If you are not the leader, you will be asked to record your name, and then will be admitted to the conference room.
- If the leader has not yet joined, you will hear wait music until the leader joins.
How to create or reset your dial-in PIN:
- Navigate to dialin.cpcc.edu
- Click the “Sign In” link and follow the prompts to sign in with your CPCC credentials.
- Click the “Reset your PIN” link.
- Enter a new PIN in both of the fields, then click the “OK” button.
How to reserve a conference room equipped with a Roundtable:
- Use the chart below to choose a room that is equipped with the Roundtable
- Contact your campus scheduler to request availability of a Roundtable room
- Reserve the room with the campus scheduler for the date and time needed
|Campus and Rooms|
|TE 517||LV 3432||H1 1226||CL 1119||CT 209||Harper|
|HL 301||LV 3110||H2 2114||CJ 126|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need a Roundtable to hold a video conference meeting? No. Microsoft Lync video conferencing can be utilized by all participants who have a webcam. Also, online meetings can also be held without video, but participants would need either a phone or microphone and speakers/headphones to participate with audio-only.
- Will persons not associated with CPCC be able to join a video conference that is being held by a CPCC employee? Yes. People that are not associated with CPCC can join the meeting just like a CPCC employee. They will click "Join online meeting" in the meeting appointment. Alternatively, they can call 704-330-6555 and enter the Conference ID located in the invitation. **Note: ITS cannot support persons outside of the CPCC domain.**
- What if a person outside of CPCC does not have Microsoft Lync installed on their computer, can they still join the meeting? Yes. Persons not associated with CPCC may first need to download Microsoft Lync Attendee. The link for the software can be found at the bottom of the online meeting appointment. The link will follow the text "To download Microsoft Lync Attendee, please visit the following site:" Alternatively, they can call 704-330-6555 and enter the Conference ID located in the invitation.
- Where can I learn more about Microsoft Lync and its capabilities? Professional Development training is available. Please visit https://pd.cpcc.edu/cpcc/ to view the schedule for Professional Development training.
For more information, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 704-330-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org