Interpreter Education Program Requirements and Sequence
Admissions requirements beginning 2010-2011
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- CPCC placement tests are required in English,reading and mathematics.
- Students must take and pass ENG 111 with a grade of C or better; successfully complete a credit by exam, or teransfer an ENG 111 equivalent course.
- Student must have a SLPI (Sign Language Placement Interview): ASL rating of Intermediate Level or higher in order to major in the Interpreter Education program.
- Courses in the Interpreter Education Program have course prerequisites or corequisites; check the Course Descriptions section for details.
* See catalog for approved list of electives. ASL 211 Intermediate ASL I and ASL 281 ASL Lab 3 are recommended.