UNIFORMS MUST BE PURCHASED AT THE CPCC BOOKSTORE.
All culinary students are required to purchase new uniforms at the CPCC Bookstore. Since names are embroidered on the uniforms, there is a minimum two-week lead time. Financial aid students should communicate with the financial aid office regarding the purchase of required uniform and tools. All students are expected to be in uniform the first day of class. Chef uniforms are required with the start of CUL 140/140A.
Chef’s Coat, 2 each
- CPCC chef’s jacket. Purchase at the bookstore. If a T-shirt is worn under the jacket, it must be a solid color. Price varies by size.
Pants, 2 each
- Black and white check professional chef’s pants. Purchase at the bookstore. They must fit well and be of acceptable length. Pants cannot be tattered or torn. Price varies by size.
- Shoes should be comfortable, slip resistant, and low heeled. Rubber heels are preferable. Closed-toe, leather shoes or black or white clogs are required. They should be in good condition and appearance.
Apron, 2 each
- Four way reversible white apron. Purchase at the bookstore.
Hat, 2 each
- Black skull cap. Purchase at the bookstore. Bandanas or other head coverings may not be worn.
Two side towels. They cannot be tattered or torn.
ALL UNIFORMS AND ACCESSORIES MUST BE CLEAN AND WELL MAINTAINED!
Other required supplies
- A calculator, pencil, masking tape, permanent marker, and bi-therm thermometer
- Make-up should be moderate and natural and give a fresh, wholesome appearance
- All students are required to bathe daily
- No jewelry except for a wedding band
- Visible body jewelry including tongue studs, nose rings, and earrings may not be worn
- Hair should be clean, conservative, well-groomed, and neat. Mustaches and beards are allowed if neatly trimmed. Hair longer than shoulder length must be braided or tied back. No extreme styles or ornamentation.
- No perfume or cologne may be worn
- Fingernails should be clean not extend beyond the fingertip. No nail polish or false nails may be worn.
Attire required by a student’s religion will be accommodated if and to the extent accommodation can be accomplished consistent with the interests of CPCC and in maintaining appropriate standards of health and safety. Request for accommodation of religious attire must be submitted in writing to the Program Chair. No deviation from the lab dress will be permitted unless and until the request for recommendation is granted.