The CPCC Dental Hygiene Clinic is open to the public. The clinic functions primarily as a training facility for students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene program. Students are supervised by faculty. Appointments are scheduled based on student requirements and typically last up to 3 hours. Multiple appointments may be required.
The following services are provided for a fee of $35.
- Dental x-rays.
- Oral Prophylaxis (plaque and tartar removal)
- Non-surgical Periodontal Therapy
- Coronal Polishing
- Fluoride treatment
There are three steps in the process of becoming a patient:
- Screening: The patient completes a comprehensive medical/dental history which is reviewed by the clinic dentist. An oral assessment is completed to determine the difficulty level of the treatment. Screening is completed on a walk-in basis at 8:30 or 12:30 on specific days of the week. There is no fee for this screening.
- Patient Assignment: The patient will be assigned to a student based on the student’s educational needs. This may not occur immediately due to semester requirements.
- Scheduled Appointment: Once the patient is assigned to a student, an appointment time will be determined and the services will begin. A fee of $35. will be collected at the first treatment appointment.