1. Complete a CPCC Curriculum application:http://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted/curriculum
2. Submit high school transcripts or equivalent, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable).
3. Take the required placement tests with the following scores: MATH - at least a 7 on DMA 010, 020, 030 or the equivalent; READING/ENGLISH - composite DRE score of 151+. Students may also qualify by passing DMA 010, 020, and 030 or the equivalent, as well as DRE 098. To schedule test, take practice tests, and access review materials, please visit: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing. Students may also take BOTH a math and an English 100+ level course and pass with at least a "C" or higher.
4. Attend one of the Mandatory Information Sessions . See schedule here.
5. Students must be at least 18 years of age by the time of clinicals.
6. E-Mail the Nurse Aide Program Assistant, Marcus L. Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org), once all steps have been completed for permission to register. Please be sure to include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
* If you have received permission in a previous semester, please be sure that you have the most current information packet and health record. You may request this from Mr. Caldwell via the email address above.
Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
Review the following website information:http://www.cpcc.edu/financial_aid?searchterm=financial+aid
• In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students are required to submit results of a NC state and/or national criminal background check at their own expense. As a condition of admission, students will be required to verify that they are United States citizens or otherwise legally authorized residents of the United States.
• In addition to tuition, lab fees and textbooks, this course has additional costs that include uniforms, personal protective equipment, physical examinations, immunizations, and drug screening. Please read the attached handbook for information and forms.
The required forms [Medical physical, Immunizations, Urine Drug Screening Results, Authorizations, and Criminal Background Check Request] are submitted on the first in class meeting of the Nurse Aide Program. The forms are not part of the registration process.
Previous students, who have a name change due to marriage or divorce, MUST bring their social security card and current driver’s license to CPCC student records and have the student record updated.