Our Nurse Aide Certificate program is comprised of just two courses and may be completed in as few as two semesters at our Levine or Central Campus.
Certificate Requirements 12 credit hours:
NAS 101 Nurse Aide I - 6 credit hours
NAS 102 Nurse Aide II - 6 credit hours
Graduates of this curriculum may be eligible to be listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide registry as a Nurse Aide I and the North Carolina Board of Nursing Registry as Nurse Aide II. They may be employed in home health agencies, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, extended care facilities, and doctor’s offices.
Certificate Awarded - The Nurse Aide Certificate is awarded by the College upon completion of the certificate requirements.
Here are the steps to becoming a Nurse Aide Student:
1. Complete a CPCC Curriculum application:http://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted
2. Submit high school transcripts or equivalent, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable).
3. Take the required placement tests. (MATH - passing score on DMA 010, 020, 030, READING and ENGLISH)
To schedule a testing appointment, take practice tests, and access review materials, please visit: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing
4. Attend one of the Mandatory Information Sessions. See schedule here.
Review the following website information:http://www.cpcc.edu/financial_aid?searchterm=financial+aid
Estimated cost for NAS 101
- In State registration fees: $663 [This fee MAY be covered by Financial Aid , check with the financial aid office]
- Out of state registration fees: $1815 [This fee MAY be covered by Financial Aid, check with the financial aid office]
Additional costs for NAS 101
- Books, Uniforms, supplies, required Health Packet completion, criminal background check, NC Nurse Aide certification test: $600
- Students must have permission to register for NAS classes
- For NAS-101 students must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of class
- Permission will be granted based on required minimum placement test scores: Math - DMA scores of 7, Sentence Skills score of 86 or higher, and Reading score of 80 or higher OR Proof of completion of college credit [100+ level] MATH and ENG courses with a final grade of C or higher.
- E-Mail the Nurse Aide Program Assistant: Marcus L. Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) when the Placement Test scores and/or the required MATH and ENG courses are posted to the CPCC student record. Make sure you include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
- Department Permission to register is not a registration or seat assignment. Students must complete the registration process after receiving department permission to register.
- If you have received permission in a previous semester, please be sure that you have the most current information packet and health record. You may request this from Mr. Caldwell (email@example.com).
- Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
• In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students are required to submit results of a NC state and/or national criminal background check at their own expense. As a condition of admission, students will be required to verify that they are United States citizens or otherwise legally authorized residents of the United States.
• In addition to tuition, lab fees and textbooks, this course has additional costs that include uniforms, personal protective equipment, physical examinations, immunizations, and drug screening. Please read the attached handbook for information and forms.
The required forms [Medical physical, Immunizations, Urine Drug Screening Results, Authorizations, and Criminal Background Check Request] are submitted on the first in class meeting of the Nurse Aide Program. The forms are not part of the registration process.
Previous students, who have a name change due to marriage or divorce, MUST bring their social security card and current driver’s license to CPCC student records and have the student record updated.