Program of the Month
In honor of National Health Unit Coordinator Day on August 23, August will be dedicated to:
HEA7320 Hospital Unit Nursing Secretary
- This course can be completed in one semester.
- Prerequisite for class (can be taken concurrently): HEA 7625 (Medical Keyboarding) or Demonstrate the ability to type 35 wpm or more with 95 % accuracy
- Departmental permission is required in order to enroll in this course.
- You are eligible to sit for the national certification exam once successfully completing the course (National Association of Health Unit Coordinators www.nahuc.org)
What does a Hospital Unit Nursing Secretary do?
The role of the Hospital Unit Nursing Secretary is to perform all the necessary duties to keep the nursing unit of a healthcare facility running smoothly and efficiently. This may include:
- Answering calls and fielding questions to the correct person
- Interpreting physician orders and assigning them to the correct person
- Management and maintenance of the medical records and files on the unit
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment so the unit is well stocked
Additional information can be found at http://www.cpcc.edu/nursing_human_services/health/hospital-nursing-unit-secretary
Clipart- from Microsoft Office 2010