Faculty & Staff
Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology Program Chair
- Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology, Central Piedmont Community College, 2002
- Associate of Applied Science, Photography, Randolph Community College, 1999
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology from Appalachian State University
Zach Blackburn is our local Flexography, Screen Printing and Pre-press expert. His instruction and dedication to students help the program and its efforts to be an flagship in the community. Zach enjoys Photography and his knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator keeps our students on the cutting edge.
Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology Instructor
- Master of Arts, Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology, Appalachian State University, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Technical Photography, Appalachian State University, 2000
- Associate of Arts, Pre-Liberal Arts, Central Piedmont Community College, 1994
Richard Thomas has worked as a freelance photographer, photographer's assistant, process camera/halftone scanner operator, and quality control technician. He taught photography and computer art at Queens University of Charlotte and at CPCC's Visual Arts Department before joining the GAIT department full-time in 2016. His hobbies include repairing and modifying cameras, and building computers.
Graphic Arts Lab Facilitator - Position Opening Soon
704-330-2722 ext 7457
Our part-time faculty is comprised of working professionals in the graphic arts and imaging technology fields including offset, flexography, screen-printing, pre-press and others. Any of our part-time employees may be reached through our Department Chair, Zach Blackburn.
If you are interested in part-time teaching within the Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology program, please contact Denise Strange at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-330-4445